We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Production specification - Cartoceto DOP
Cartoceto DOP extra virgin olive oil
The Protected Designation of Origin PDO "Cartoceto" is reserved for extra virgin olive oil corresponding to the conditions and requirements established in this production specification and applicable regulations.
Variety of olives in Cartoceto oils
1. The PDO Cartoceto is produced with olives coming mainly from the Raggiola, Frantoio and Leccino cultivars, in the ratios described below.
2. As part of the olive grove registered in the PDO register, these main cultivars must be present to an extent not less than 70% jointly or individually.
3. The presence, up to an overall maximum of 30%, of different varieties is allowed: Raggia, Moraiolo, Pendolino, Maurino, Carboncella, Nebbia, Rosciola admitted jointly or individually.
1. The olives intended for the production of the PDO Cartoceto must be produced in the hilly areas of the Municipalities dedicated to olive growing having the characteristics and the quality level envisaged by this production specification.
2. The production area includes the entire administrative territories of the municipalities of Cartoceto, Saltara, Serrungarina, Mombaroccio and part of that of Fano which is identified in cartography for all the northern hillside delimited by the S.S. Flaminia to the crossroads with the S.S. Adriatica (south side) and the administrative border (north side).
The environmental and cultivation conditions of the olive groves must be the traditional ones suitable for conferring the specific analytical-organoleptic characteristics required by this specification to the olives and derived oil. The maximum production of olives cannot exceed the quantity of 9,000 kg / ha for new plants (dynamic, irrigated, particularly fertile sixth with more favorable climatic exposure); of 7,500 Kg / ha the production limit for old traditional plants must be, while for promiscuous olive groves the average production per plant will be about 20 Kg (five-year statistic value); these production reference values may from time to time be considered on the basis of particularly abundant harvest forecasts, in which case the Consortium must promptly notify all the Bodies responsible for checking by means of a registered letter before the start of the campaign. The newly planted olive groves, conforming to the characteristics of the previous paragraph, may be admitted to the production of the PDO Cartoceto starting from the third year of planting the seedlings (on average two years).
The olive harvest for the production of the Dop Cartoceto must begin with the veraison which in the delimited olive area is generally felt from the second decade of October for the Leccino cultivar and from early November for the Raggiola, Frantoio and other varieties, referred to art. 2p. 3; the harvest must end by mid-December.
1. The PDO Cartoceto must be obtained exclusively from healthy olives, coming from the area mentioned in art. 3 and milled in oil mills located in the same territory. The oil produced must be bottled in factories in the same territory as the Dop.
2. The pressing of the olives must take place within the shortest time possible from the harvest and in any case not later than 48 hours.
3. The transport and storage of olives in bags of any material are expressly forbidden and must take place in small perforated containers (max 25 kg) or in any case capable of diagulating the ventilation.
4. The olives must be subjected to preventive defoliation.
5. For the extraction of the oil, only mechanical and physical processes are allowed to produce oil that presents the peculiar characteristics of the fruit as faithfully as possible.
6. The maximum yield of olives in oil cannot exceed 18 kg / q.le.
The Dop Cartoceto, upon placing on the market must respond to the following analytical and organoleptic characteristics:
Color: Green, or green with golden yellow reflections for the still very fresh oils. Golden yellow, with greenish reflections, for more mature oils.
Odor: Fruity of green olive, from light to medium, according to the C.O.I. scale, with a slight herbaceous scent. The characteristic and pleasant scents of green almond and apple-grass can be present.
Taste: Harmonic, between the sensations of green fruity, sweet, bitter and spicy fu-si. It may have a pleasant and characteristic green man-dorla aftertaste.
Value of the maximum degree of acidity Grams 0.5% (expressed in Oleic acid) detected on bottling.
Peroxides: Maximum value 12 meq02 / kg detected at bottling.
Total polyphenols: = 100 mg / kg
Oleic acid-Linoleic acid ratio: = 8
Panel Test: Unequivocal absence of defects detectable by the official methodology and perception of the exploited;
score: = 7
Other chemical-physical parameters not expressly mentioned must comply with the regulations of the European Union.
Designation and presentation
The designation and presentation of the product, referred to in Article 1, must take place in compliance with the following provisions:
1. The term "Cartoceto" extra virgin olive oil must appear on the label, followed by "protected designation of origin", in clear and well-marked characters, so as to be distinctly distinct from all the other indications that appear;
2. Truthful and documentable references are allowed to highlight the work of individual producers;
3. company identification references, the use of names, company names, private brands are allowed, provided they have no laudatory meaning and are not such as to mislead the consumer on nomigeographicals and in particular on names of other areas of oil production protected designation of origin;
4. the milling method can be highlighted;
5. the use of the name of the farm, farm or estate is allowed on the label only in oils produced with olives from olive groves belonging to the same;
6. the back label may indicate the percentage of dominant olives as per art. 2;
7. the addition of any qualification not expressly provided for in this production regulation is prohibited, including the adjectives: chosen end, superior, genuine, etc .;
8. the use of additional geographical mentions is prohibited, which refer to municipalities, hamlets and territories of the production area referred to in art. 3;
9. for release for consumption, glass containers with a capacity not exceeding 5 liters will be used.