We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Production specification - Lison DOCG
Disciplinary for the production of wines with controlled and guaranteed denomination of origin
1. The denomination of controlled and guaranteed origin "Lison" is reserved for wines that meet the conditions and requirements established by this production specification for the following types: "Lison" and "Lison" classic.
1. The denomination of controlled and guaranteed origin "Lison" is reserved for wines obtained from vineyards made up of at least 85% of the variety of Tai grape variety; moreover, grapes from other grape varieties of similar fruit, non-aromatic, can compete alone, provided they are suitable for cultivation in the respective provinces of Venice, Treviso and Pordenone.
A) The grapes for the production of wines with a controlled and guaranteed designation of origin
"Lison" must be produced in the area including, in the respective provinces, the following municipal administrative territories:
Province of Venice: Annone Veneto, Cinto Caomaggiore, Gruaro, Fossalta di Portogruaro, Pramaggiore, Teglio Veneto, and part of the territory of the municipalities of Caorle, Concordia Sagittaria, Portogruaro, San Michele al Tagliamento, Santo Stino di Livenza;
Province of Treviso: Meduna di Livenza and part of the territory of Motta di Livenza;
Province of Pordenone: Chions, Cordovado, Pravisdomini and part of the territories of Azzano Decimo, Morsano al Tagliamento, Sesto al Reghena.
This area of grape production, corresponding to that already described in article 3 of the disciplinary of production of the Tocai di Lison annexed to the Presidential Decree of August 4, 1971, is delimited as follows: starting from the Tagliamento river, at the height of VillanovaMalafesta, the boundary line follows the boundary of the province of Venice in a southerly direction, which largely coincides with the Tagliamento itself, up to the confluence with the Venetian coast Bevazzana pylon and swing bridge; it follows the Veneta coast to the west up to the confluence with the Lugugnana canal at the height of Punta Miniscalchi; then the municipal road that passes through c. Cava, Foppe di Mondo and c. Lovi where it bends towards the north until the TerzoBino basin, always follows towards the north, for a short stretch, the left side of the Canale dei Lovi then the road that runs along the third basin and canton up to Cà la Bernarda. The boundary line bends towards the west, briefly follows the Lugugnana canal, the southern limit of Cavrato and joins the road that runs alongside the Prati Nuovi reclamation, following it southwards until it meets the Loregolo canal. It continues south along the aforementioned canal until it meets the canal of the Lovi near the water pump of the seventh basin (Pratinuovi reclamation); it follows the Canale dei Lovi until its confluence with the Cavanella canal; it then continues west along the Cavanella canal, then along the Baseleghe canal, going north-westwards, continues along the Morto canal and the Alberoni canal up to the height of 0. Fighters;
then along largine of the Perera and Zignago Valleys passing near Casa Vignati, bypassing, excluding them, the Gramelada and Battaglion reclamations, now follows the road to the west which passes near Lieche houses up to the bridge over the Viola canal in Sindacale; from here it goes up towards the north and then eastwards the Viola canal up to the entrance of the S. Giacomo canal, it continues along the S. Giacomo canal up to the corner of contact with the Fossalon canal after crossing the Strada Fausta (Km. 0,950) north of the Borro house.
The boundary folds south along the Fossalon and Degan canal until it meets the road that divides the town of Acquador from Palù Crosere, passing through the intersection with Viale Roma; it continues along this consortium road until the intersection with viale Zignago near c.Macchinetta; it then turns south-west along the road that meets, near c.Alessandra, with the provincial road Portogruaro-Caorle; continue south along the aforementioned provincial road until the intersection with the Fausta road to the Maranghetto bridge, and from the aforementioned bridge, south-east along the right side of the Maranghetto canal, and of the Nicessolo canal up to the height of the Miglio canal. This is followed by the canal and then the wide valleys of the Valle Grande, of the swamp of the Pedocchio and of the swimming pool touching the 2 quotas to enter the cart track that passes through Falconera houses; it crosses the Bocca Volta and continuing southwards on the embankment of the Canale Nicolessolo reaches the locality Falconera near the port. It turns south-west following a road that passes north of the town of Caorle, up to the revolving bridge over the Saetta canal; continue south along the channel of the Saetta up to the confluence with the clock channel and its confluence with the Livenza river, and for the said river to the north, until you meet and follow the Cammessera channel; it continues along the Cammessera canal until the confluence with the Livesa Morta canal in Brian; it then follows the Livenza Morta canal to the north to the Fausta road and then the Fausta road to the left side of the Livenza river in La Salute diLivenza; continues north-west following the left side of the Livenza river until it crosses the administrative boundary of the Municipality of Motta di Livenza, including in the DOC area the entire surface falling within the same Municipality. To the north, the limit of the area, follows the axis of the River Livenza up to the height of c. Casali (Meduna di Livenza); then follows the provincial limit between Treviso and Pordenone up to Paludei; it then continues along the border between Pasianodi Pordenone and Pravisdomini until it meets the river Sile. From this point the limitation line continues along the Sile river until it meets the boundary of the territory between the municipalities of Chions and the Veneto River near c. Marcuz; proceeds east following the boundary that delimits the territory of the municipalities of Chions, Sesto al Reghena, Morsano al Tagliamento to the north until it meets the river Tagliamento, which runs south following the border limit of the municipality of Morsano al Tagliamento until it meets the border of the province Venice starting point.
Within the area thus delimited lies the reclamation of the Loncon and the Seven Sisters which is excluded and its borders are as follows:
starting from the confluence of the Fosson canal with the Loncon river the delimitation proceeds southwards along the Loncon river up to the Bragato bridge; continue north-east along the Torba road (between the Torba pit and the Possidenza pit) until you meet the right bank of the Lemene river; here it continues south following the Lemene river up to the confluence with the Maranghetto canal near the Maranghetto bridge; it follows the Maranghetto canal to the west up to the confluence with the Loncon river, and subsequently to its confluence with the Bigai pit channel; it continues along the fossa Bigai canal, passing from the drainage point of the Piva reclamation, to the height of the provincial road S. Stino di Livenza-Caorle; from this point it continues north along the provincial road S. Stino di Livenza-Caorle up to the Palamin private road parallel to the canal Contarina fossa diponente; then proceed west along the Palamin private road to the junction with the perimeter road of the reclamation of the Seven Sisters; continue along the aforementioned road, passing near the Corner school, until you meet in the Cernetta canal, and then, following the right parallel road to the Cernetta canal, until the provincial road S. Stino diLivenza-Caorle which you cross, to reach and then follow the right side of the Fossonfino canal at its confluence with the Loncon river.
The Lemene area; from here it continues south following the Lemene river to the confluence of the Maranghetto canal near the Maranghetto bridge. to the west follows the Maranghetto canal to the confluence with the Loncon river and then to the confluence with the FossaBigai canal; continue along the Fossa Bigai canal passing by the drain pump of the Piva reclamation, up to the height of the S.Stino di Livenza - Caorle provincial road; from this point the provincial road S.Stino di Livenza Caorle continues north-long up to the private road Palamin parallel to the Fossa contarina di Ponente canal; then proceed west along the Plamin private road to the intersection with the perimeter consortium road of the reclamation of the Seven Sisters; continue along the aforementioned road, passing near the corner school, until you meet in the Cernetta canal and then following the parallel road on the right to the Cernetta canal, until the S. Stinodi Livenza -Caorle provincial road that you cross, to reach and then follow the bank right of the Fosson canal until its confluence with the Loncon river.
B) The production area of the classic "Lison" controlled and guaranteed designation of origin wine includes the following fractions:
- Lison, Pradipozzo and Summaga, in the municipality of Portogruaro;
- Belfiore, Blessaglia and Salvarolo, in the municipality of Pramaggiore;
- Carline and Loncon, in the municipality of Annone Veneto, and part of the administrative territory of the municipalities of S. Stino di Livenza and Cinto Caomaggiore.
This area of grape production, corresponding to that already described in article 7 of the disciplinary of production of the Tocai di Lison, annexed to the Presidential Decree of August 4, 1971, is thus delimited: starting from the locality of Noiare the boundary line follows the municipal road towards the south-west which joins with the state road n. 14 in the locality of Osteria del Trovatore; continue along the state road n. 14 up to the bridge at the height of Km. 59; continues south along the boundary between the municipalities of Concordia Sagittaria and Portogruaro, until it meets the Taù canal; follows the Tau canal to reach the Loncon river near the Agazzi dewatering plant; continues north-west towards the Loncon river to the confluence with the Fosson canal. From this point the delimitation rises first the Fosson canal and then the Fosson stream until the confluence with the Melonetto canal, which continues until it meets the Annone Veneto-Belfiore provincial road; continues northwards along the aforementioned provincial road to the locality of Le Quattro Strade; then it continues along the municipal road that in the Boschetto locality here the boundary line follows, towards the north, the common limit between Annone Veneto and Pramaggiore to meet the provincial limit between Venice and Pordenone on the Scolo Stucciàt canal, follows, first north then south said provincial limit, up to the municipal road La Stradatta which runs south, up to the intersection with the provincial road Pramaggiore-Chions and continues towards Pramaggiore, along said provincial road reaching the intersection with viale Europa; it follows viale Europa up to the municipal road viaBassa, which runs until the intersection with the provincial road Cinto Caomaggiore-Blessaglia;
after crossing the aforementioned provincial road, continue along via Comugne until the intersection with the municipal road of the Martignon follows the road of the Martignon to reach the intersection with the municipal road of Mazzalogo which runs up to via Zamper, in the locality of S. Biagio di CintoCaomaggiore; it then turns south along the municipal road to the intersection with state road no. 753 which follows briefly to the junction with the road to S. Giusto. From this point along the road to S. Giusto, in the locality of Noiare, it reaches the starting point of the delimitation.
Rules for viticulture
1. The environmental and cultivation conditions of the vineyards destined for the production of the wines referred to in article 1 must be the traditional ones of the production area and in any case suitable for giving the grapes and derived wines the specific quality characteristics.
2. Therefore, only the vineyards located in sedimentary-alluvial soils of medium mix, tendentially clayey and loose, even with the presence of limestone and / or skeleton concretions, are to be considered suitable for the production of the wines referred to in Article 1.
Limited to the area south of the provincial road that leads from Eraclea to Latisana, passing through Salute di Livenza and through Lugugnana, sandy-clayey soils are also allowed.
3. On the other hand, vineyards located in sandy-peaty soils, rich in organic matter and in damp or fresh ones, resurgent or subject to flooding are to be excluded. (The photointerpretative details are deposited at the Veneto Region - Agri-food production management).
4. The planting layouts, training systems and pruning systems must be used in general or in any case not to modify the characteristics of the grapes and wines.
5. Only single or double counter-espalier shapes are allowed.
6. Without prejudice to the vineyards already suitable for the production of the Lison Pramaggiore DOC, the vineyards planted after the approval of this specification, must have a minimum number of vines perettaro not less than 3000.
7. All forcing practices are excluded. However, emergency irrigation is allowed.
8. The maximum yield of grapes per hectare in specialized cultivation of the vine varieties intended for the production of the wines referred to in art. 1 and the respective minimum natural alcoholic strength by volume are the following:
Grape variety Lison:
- Max production (grapes / ha) 11 Tonnes
- Title alc. vol. nat. minimum 11.00%
Classic Lison grape variety:
- Max production (grapes / ha Tonn) 10 Tonn.
- Title alc. minimum 11.50%
9. In favorable vintages, the quantities of grapes obtained to be used for the production of the wine denomination of controlled and guaranteed origin "Lison", must be reported within the limits above provided that the overall production does not exceed 20% of the limits, without prejudice to the limit grapes / wine for the quantities in question.
10. The regions of Veneto and Friuli Venezia Giulia, upon reasoned request of the Protection Consortium, exempt the professional organizations of the category concerned, with their own measures, to be adopted in concert with univocal technical-administrative criteria, year after year, before the harvest, can establish maximum production or use limits of grapes per hectare for the production of wines with a controlled and guaranteed denomination of origin "Lison" lower than those set by this specification, giving immediate communication to the Ministry of Agricultural and Forestry Policies.
Rules for winemaking and for special processing
1. In winemaking, all the oenological practices permitted by national and community legislation are allowed.
2. The winemaking operations, including aging, must be carried out within the production area delimited by article 3. However, taking into account traditional situations, it is allowed that these operations are carried out in the entire territory of the municipalities, even if only partially included in the grape production area, as well as the following municipalities:
Province of Venice: Torre di Mosto, Ceggia, Eraclea, Jesolo, S. Donà di Piave, Noventa di Piave and Meolo.
Province of Treviso: Cessalto, Chiarano, Gorgo al Monticano, Salgareda, Gaiarine, Mansuè, Portobuffolè, Oderzo and Ormelle.
Province of Pordenone: River Veneto, Pasiano, Porcia, Pordenone, Prata di Pordenone, Casarsadella Delizia and San Vito al Tagliamento.
Province of Udine: Latisana, Bertiolo and Codroipo.
However, it is the faculty of the Ministry for Agricultural, Food and Forestry Policies, after hearing the opinion of the Regions responsible for the territory, to authorize the aforementioned operations for the production of wines under the controlled and guaranteed denomination of origin "Lison", even outside the areas envisaged by the previous paragraphs and in any case within the borders of the provinces of Venice, Treviso and Pordenone, as long as the single or associated requesting Companies demonstrate the management of the vineyards already suitable to produce the wines referred to in Article 1, at the date of the ministerial decree 29 May 2000.
3. The maximum yield of grapes in wine must not exceed 70%. If this yield exceeds the limits indicated above, but not more than 75%, the surplus will not be entitled to the designation of origin. If the grape / wine yield exceeds 75%, the right to the denomination of origin controlled and guaranteed for the entire product lapses.
4. The wines referred to in Article 1 cannot be released for consumption before 1 March of the year following the harvest.
1. The wines referred to in Article 1 at the time of release for consumption must meet the following characteristics:
Lison and Lison Classico
- color: more or less intense straw yellow sometimes with greenish to golden reflections;
- smell: characteristic, pleasant;
- flavor: dry, velvety with possible pleasant perception of wood;
- minimum total alcoholic strength by volume: 12.00% vol. and 12.50% vol. in the "classic" typology;
- minimum total acidity: 4.50 g / l;
- minimum non-reducing extract: 20.00 g / l.
2. The Ministry of Agricultural, Food and Forestry Policies has the faculty to amend the minimum limits indicated above for total acidity and non-reducing extract for the wines referred to in this specification.
Designation and presentation
1. In the designation and presentation of wines with the "Lison" controlled and guaranteed designation of origin, the addition of any additional qualification other than that provided for in this specification is prohibited, including the adjectives «extra», «fine», «chosen», «selected »,« Superior »and the like.
2. The use of indications that refer to names, company names, private brands that are not laudatory in meaning and that are not suitable for misleading the buyer is allowed.
3. Indications tending to specify the bottler's agricultural activity such as "wine grower", "farm", "estate", "farm", "farmhouse" and other similar terms are permitted in compliance with the relevant Community and national provisions.
4. The wines with denomination of controlled and guaranteed origin "Lison" must report the year of production on the label.
1. All wines with the "Lison" controlled and guaranteed designation of origin must be released for consumption in traditional glass bottles in volumes up to a maximum capacity of 3 liters, closed at the mouth, while bottles up to 0.375 liters are allowed the use of the screw cap.